1. What packages do you offer?
Find out the meals and prices involved in each of the packages. Do they charge per head or are they itemized costs depending on the type of food picked?
2. Are you Licensed?
The fact that they hold a license shows they adhere to health and safety standards. If they will be serving alcohol, they hold a liquor license.
3. Does the caterer have all the necessary equipment or will you need to hire?
Confirm if they provide silverware, tables and chairs, napkins and saltshakers.
4. Do you have a kids menu?
These tend to be cheaper and they are served in portions that kids can handle.
5. Can you cater for special diets?
Is the caterer able to fix the special meals on order?
6. Can you provide references?
It is important for you to call a few people that the caterer has served previously.
7. What is the Payment Plan?
Find out the amount you need as deposit and when to pay off the balance.
8. What is your cancellation policy?
Just in case you need to cancel the contract, you will need to be forearmed with this information.
9. Which are the hidden charges?
Are there crockery fees, overtime charges, taxes, and gratuity. Let there be no surprises.
10. Do they provide a bar service?
If you intend to serve alcohol find out if they provide the same otherwise you will need to get another vendor.
11. How will your staff be dressed?
Make sure they are dressed well enough to complement your wedding.
12. Can you sample the menu?
This is the ultimate test whether the caterer gets the job.
13. Can we see your food presentation?
Make sure to see the buffet setup or the presentation on the plate.
Armed with the above questions, you are well on your way to getting the perfect caterer for one of the most important days of your life.